• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove MetroPCS bootup audio

Got it. Being rooted, I installed AndRootFile, and was able to replace the file,
/system/media/audio/ui/bootStrapSound.ogg with a file of my choice (renamed to same name). Since I'm using a "Droid" style bootloader I went with the standard "DROOOID" sound. :) At this point, other than the "MetroPCS" logo on the phone itself, it's unrecognizable as such! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the file location!

You bet! However, I found that I had to use "AndRootFile" in order to make changes to that file. I tried about 3 other file managers with supposed root access and they wouldn't do it. So if you have trouble, use that one. As long as you have root access, just hit the "superuser" icon in AndRootFile and you can replace that sound file!

Upvote 0
I have a cricket huawei ascend, its rooted. Ive been trying for almost 3 days to make a boot sound and I cant figure it out, I couldnt find the "androotfile App" but i did find 1 that will allow me to change .ogg its called "root explorer". I dont kno how to do it exactly, I watched plenty of videos on it, I guess cricket huawei doesnt allow that feature. It never had a boot sound when i bought it. If anyone can help step by step, I would really appreciate it. I need some schooling lol.
THANX

Upvote 0
I have a cricket huawei ascend, its rooted. Ive been trying for almost 3 days to make a boot sound and I cant figure it out, I couldnt find the "androotfile App" but i did find 1 that will allow me to change .ogg its called "root explorer". I dont kno how to do it exactly, I watched plenty of videos on it, I guess cricket huawei doesnt allow that feature. It never had a boot sound when i bought it. If anyone can help step by step, I would really appreciate it. I need some schooling lol.
THANX

If it never had a boot sound or boot logo than it might not be possible. Here are my steps...
#1 get the appropriate files, I used, E strongs file manager
Z4 root
And a sound file, format to .ogg online, trust you can format anything online...
#2 run Z4 root with debugging on in USB settings.
#3 open E strongs and make a backup of file "bootStrapSound.ogg", found in system/media/audio/ui/
#4 Copy and paste .ogg file over "bootStrapSound.ogg" with NEW file named "bootStrapSound.ogg" very important on the casing.
#5 reboot and love the sound :) you got...
#6 Thank me if this was of any help. (intended use on Huawei Ascend users only), iiiUSE AT OWN RISK, AS ANY ROOT FILE TAMPERING CAN VOID WARRANTY AND DO DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM!!!:) jajajaja! Happy rooting!

You can find the files needed above at 4shared.com.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones