• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove "My Calendar"

rdrean

Nov 30, 2010
After reviewing other threads I am still stumped here. I wish to completely remove "My Calendar" and only have my corporate calendar on the phone. Mainly because when I add a new event it defaults to "My Calendar" and screws me up from time to time. This calendar does not sync with my outlook.

Anyone know how to help?

After reviewing other threads I am still stumped here. I wish to completely remove "My Calendar" and only have my corporate calendar on the phone. Mainly because when I add a new event it defaults to "My Calendar" and screws me up from time to time. This calendar does not sync with my outlook.

Anyone know how to help?

Use a different calendar app. I use Jorte Calendar, you can set your google calendar as the default and choose not to display "My Calendar".

Upvote 0
HTC Desire 2.2

I use PimlicalA with my Google calendar as its default.

However I notice that Menu > Settings > Applications > Running Services shows:-

Calendar
Process: com.htc.bgp

using 12MB; I take that is memory.

Why should the HTC calendar be running when I don't use it?

So maybe you can't turn off HTC Calendar, even under Jorte?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones