1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove preinstalled apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CrazyTalk, May 22, 2011.

1. CrazyTalk

CrazyTalk Lurker

Hi! Does anyone know which pre-installed apps can be safely frozen or removed from the LG vortex?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DiG DuG

DiG DuG Newbie

I'm sure someone else could help me expand this list of "bloatware" but heres what I can think of off hand...

Tetris - (trial install)

Kindle

Slacker Radio

Bing

Any and ALL of the "V-Cast" crap.

And "Vz Navigator" (useless)

Like I said, there may be more, and if your reading this and know of others, please post it!

3. CrazyTalk

CrazyTalk Lurker

ok, so are you saying all of those can be frozen or deleted? I know those are all useless and just wasting space and I would like to get rid of as many as possible. Thanks.

4. SammyWaters

SammyWaters Lurker

I was able to remove a majority of the bloatware after I rooted my phone (2.2.2). I installed Titanium Backup root and I went into "Backup & Restore" and selected which apps to uninstall. They they have no been removed.

Still new to this rooted phone thing, don't know how to make a nandroid backup. :rolleyes:

5. dedwards77

dedwards77 Newbie

The nandroid backup option is in the custom recovery menu, thats if u have a custom recovery installed

6. Jacquie21

Jacquie21 Lurker

I have a galaxy s i9000 and it is rooted. can someone tell me in untech language (silver surfer) how i can delete preinstalled apps. I dont get the option when i go to apps.manager.

7. mussio

mussio Well-Known Member

thees are vortex forums not galaxy s