1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Remove Sense UI on Sensation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TintinX, May 25, 2011.

1. TintinX

TintinX Lurker

Hi all

None of the tutorials on removing HTC Sense appear to work with my Sensation. I reset defaults and stop both running applications for 'HTC Sense' but when I hit the Home button, the UI just starts up again.

Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vasar

vasar Newbie

Why did you buy Sensation, I'd think that that's one of the biggest reasons, you could buy Galaxy SII for the same money and have better specs.

IT:
    Are you using a launcher? Launcher PRO or something like that?

3. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast

This is the best part of the phone....and you can't remove it unless you root.

vasar likes this.
  4. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

+1 - Sense is the reason that many people choose the Sensation over the GSII. And rooting isn't available yet so that means no removing of Sense. :p

5. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Newbie

If you rooted it (when it becomes possible) and replaced Sense with plain vanilla Android, would you free up some more of that 4GB storage, or would you need to play around with more stuff?

6. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast

You might free up a bit more but defniitely not the full 4gb. It's liek when you buy a laptop from bestbuy, it always comse with a bunch of shit from Bestbuy and say Dell that you don't want. In order to get rid of it, you can format your harddrive and install windows just by itself, without the shit that came with the computer and you'll probably have freed up a good chunk of storage from before. However, you still installed Windows which is a few GB in itself. So now, think of Bestbuy as tmobile and Dell as HTC, both of them put their shit into the phone. Rooting is equivalent to reformatting and installing windows byitself, except you're reformatting your cellphone and installing android OS. Android OS still takes a few GB!

7. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Newbie

Okay, so I wouldn't have to do anything to get the phone to access the space that I freed up? I was wondering if there is something in the software that limits you to 1GB, even though more is available.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date is 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews