• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove Sprint Apps

random255

May 7, 2010
I'm sorry for the question with the nearly obvious answer of "you can't" but please tell me there is some way to remove the Sprint apps? I rooted the phone (still same firmware, just rooted) and I still can't take off Sprint's preinstalled apps. This is MY phone, not theirs, and I don't want NASCAR and the like on it. HELP!

Okay...wait... I may be a total dumb@#$ but I only put PC36IMG.zip on the SD card and loaded it... you do the Evo Recovery part too?

I thought that was to put the Evo BACK the way you found it?

EDIT: Okay, I got it now. That page is much clearer with the directions. I tried step two but got "device not found", so I'm just going to retry from the top with step one again. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
There is more to it than just installing that zip. You have to download the android sdk and java jdk and install Android 2.1 components among other things. There is a great tutorial at htcevohacks.com and they have a tutorial on youtube. It's easy, just sounds complicated. If you are using Windows7 you have to look up drivers to install the phone. HTC_Vista_64 drivers. Other than that the tutorial does a pretty good job explaining the process.

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup

+1 to that
But make sure you don't uninstall friendstream you can freeze it with titanium so you don't see it and it just sits there in the system. If you remove it the phone will just keep trying to sync. Can't say why, but from what I've learned that one app is connected to a ton of stuff in our phones.

Hope it helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones