• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove "unlock code" ?

koldtoft

Sep 4, 2009
I have the HTC Desire with Android 2.1

I sync it with exchange, but it tells me I have to have a "phone unlock code" to sync with exchange.

This more or less ruins the phone for me, as I have to type a password EVERY single time the screen locks (or go to standby).

Only way I can see around it is forwarding all my exchange mail + syncing all my exchange contacts and my exchange calendar with g-mail, but that is a rather poor solution I think :/

I have g-mail sync running as well, and that does not require me to have a "unlock password"

Does anyone know a way to get around this annoying "you must have an unlock code to sync with exchange" issue?

Is it a work email?

Yes it is. Exchange 2007 on a Windows SBS 2008. But I have full admin access to it, if it's something I need to change on the server.

Ps. It worked fine on my hero with the current settings (no need for unlock code on hero) but one o my work buddys have the same problem on his HTC Touch Pro 2 (with the same Exchange server)

Upvote 0
I installed LockPicker as well, but cannot play with any settings, so everytime I boot the phone, the LockPicker service starts automatically.

Apart from this minor thing, I was expecting the possibility to remove the password unlock and enable back the unlock pattern, but this latter didn't happen.

Is there a way I can setup an unlock pattern?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey, I found a way.:D

I previously removed the pw trough Lock Picker.
Then I installed from Market the widget "LockPattern OnOff", free app.
This allowed me to define the unlock pattern and now I can enable or disable it with just 1 click.:)

The only pity is that in the phone settings, there is still only the option to change the security password and there is no way I can change any option on the lock pattern.:(

Any clue on a way / app to do this?

Upvote 0
I installed LockPicker as well, but cannot play with any settings, so everytime I boot the phone, the LockPicker service starts automatically.

Apart from this minor thing, I was expecting the possibility to remove the password unlock and enable back the unlock pattern, but this latter didn't happen.

Is there a way I can setup an unlock pattern?
Thanks

I am looking for the same thing. Was hoping to clear Cache, but no go.
Just want to be able to turn it back on when needed.

Upvote 0
Another way to get around this is to install another app to handle exchange mail.
I am trialling Touchdown at the moment.
This moves the pin requirement from the screen lock to the mail app.
Your security policy may still dictate how often you need to type in the pin though. Mine allows me to go up to an hour.

Upvote 0
Another way to get around this is to install another app to handle exchange mail.
Your security policy may still dictate how often you need to type in the pin though. Mine allows me to go up to an hour.

With that app does it still sync the contacts and everything?

Upvote 0
It is possible to have an unlock pattern but no password, however, the unlock pattern must be enabled before the activesync/exchange email account is enabled. After the email is enabled you will have both a password and unlock pattern - simply use LockPicker to remove the password. If you already have the email account enabled, you need to remove it, turn the unlock pattern on, then re-enable your email and use LockPicker.

Upvote 0

Hi I am also using Touchdown - it has added a pin requirement for the mail app. I have removed the Android exhange synchronisation from the default mail app and from the accounts, but I still have to enter a pin every time the phone locks. Once is OK, but twice is pretty annoying. How can I remove one or the other?
Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones