• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove unused pages Galaxy Tab 8.9

hogesinwa

Lurker
Jan 5, 2018
Hi,
I was given an 8.9" to play with. Main unit is an Asus Zenpad and phone is a Galaxy S6. This will be for a specific item.

I have 4 pages with no icons on them and want to remove them. Standard advice is to pinch, make active and then drag to the Remove button.

1. The screen will NOT pinch zoom, in, out or anything.
2. No screen becomes X active.
3. No Remove button appears to drag any screen to (it does appear if I want to get an app off the screen)
4. There is NO options button on the left of my bottom screen, only a back arrow, a Home Screen button, a camera shot button and the one that shows all open pages.

This is weird as all the standard screen removal techniques to not work. Can anyone tell me how to remove these screens.
Thanks.
Hoges

Hi,
I was given an 8.9" to play with. Main unit is an Asus Zenpad and phone is a Galaxy S6. This will be for a specific item.

I have 4 pages with no icons on them and want to remove them. Standard advice is to pinch, make active and then drag to the Remove button.

1. The screen will NOT pinch zoom, in, out or anything.
2. No screen becomes X active.
3. No Remove button appears to drag any screen to (it does appear if I want to get an app off the screen)
4. There is NO options button on the left of my bottom screen, only a back arrow, a Home Screen button, a camera shot button and the one that shows all open pages.

This is weird as all the standard screen removal techniques to not work. Can anyone tell me how to remove these screens.
Thanks.
Hoges
Before anyone invests too much in answering this, the panic is over.
I updated the tablet and pinch zooming is now working as it should. Screens delete and all is now in order

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones