• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove username

janathan

Jul 24, 2011
Ok, I am selling my transform ultra on craigslist. I have a newer phone activated on boost. Still the old transform ultra is showing my phone number and username is showing user name "my name @sprintpcs.com".

Is there a way to remove that info? have already done a factory wipe through CWM but still it retains my phone number and user name.

Ok, I am selling my transform ultra on craigslist. I have a newer phone activated on boost. Still the old transform ultra is showing my phone number and username is showing user name "my name @sprintpcs.com".

Is there a way to remove that info? have already done a factory wipe through CWM but still it retains my phone number and user name.

Flash a stock rom. It will get rid of all that info plus root and cwm.

Upvote 0
Download terminal emulator and type the following

Su
*press enter*
Getprop ril.MSL
*press enter*

After you do that you will get a 6 digit number. Write it down and go to the dialpad of the phone.
Then do the following
##ENTER 6 diget number here# digit
So for example lets say the 6 did get number you got was 123456 you would do ##123456# and the hidden menu will appear. Tap edit and then set your number to 0 and also your maid to 0 press OK and the phone should auto reboot. Your phone number should be listed as 0's now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones