• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove yellow triangle on SGS2

kerriannec31

Sep 17, 2011
Hi guys i have just rooted my SG2 without any problems now i just need to get rid of the yellow triangle when you boot the phone back up. If any one can please send me any links or tips on how to get rid of it or for the correct CF-Roots and Stock Kernels to flash it back that would be great.

Thanks

• Go here and download the correct stock kernel to match your firmware build number to your PC.
  • Open the CF-Root package you used previously with WinZip/7-Zip, extract the zImage file from it and copy to your handset's internal memory space.
  • Flash the stock kernel via Odin.
  • After reboot open the CWM app, select "Flash kernel" and select the zImage file above.

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the info. Only thing is i done exactly what you said and my CWM and rooting has gone and my phone is back to standard. After i flashed the stock kernal from odin i lost my root. All the videos i have watched they have all still had there rooting after flashng. Do you know why this happened.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS!!!!

Thanks

Upvote 0
Here is a break down of what i done:

Step by Step Guide

Go to Settings.
Click on About phone.
Find out your SGS2 kernel version.
Download the correct CF-Root here.
Then power off your phone.
Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
Odin download mode will be loaded.
Connect USB cable to your phone.
At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
Then bring up Odin3.
Click on PDA.
Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
Click Start then.
Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and Superuser installed.
That

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones