• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Removed SD card" problem - HTC Desire S

timhowes

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Hi, noob here...

I have searched for this topic and only found one thread which isn't 100% related to my problem, so here goes...

My HTC Desire S got water damaged. Seemed to fire up, but no screen. So - replaced LCD, fired up fine but wouldn't pick up a signal, thought it was 1980 etc. Impression: frazzled mainboard.

This left me with a shiny new screen but no phone - so next stop was to buy a phone with broken screen off eBay. I successfully installed said screen and it all powers up and works fine... ALMOST...

Whichever SD card I try (and they all test fine in computers and other HTC phones), it says "Removed SD card", says it hasn't got an SD card mounted (in Settings), and won't find with with file managers etc.

This is quite disabling, as certain apps won't function without SD access.

I tried swapping the SD card/SIM reader for the one in my water-damaged phone, and unsurprisingly the same problem happened (in fact the SIM wasn't even recognised).

To me it seems a little unlikely to be a hardware issue, given that the rest of the mainboard functions fine and the SIM is detected.

I'm running Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0, not rooted (yet).

Many thanks to anyone who can help in any way!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones