1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Removed SD Card while running, limited service ever since

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shannondorf, Jan 28, 2013.

1. shannondorf

shannondorf New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I own a HTC One V with ICS since last October, and I think I made a small mistake.

I had to put an excel file on my phone's MicroSD card, and I completely forgot about unmounting it when I removed it from the phone (my old phone would handle that just fine, so I guess it was an old habit). Obviously, my phone didn't like that at all, and it angrily rebooted on its own.

Since then, my One V is stuck on "Limited Service, Emergency Calls Only"; I can safely browse and start any apps, it's just that I have no more network access.

So far, I did the following:
    • Insert the MicroSD card back into it and reboot;
    • Remove SIM card and reboot;
    • Reset phone to factory settings.

None of those options worked, so my guess is that I'll have to reinstall manually the firmware. I just wanted to check if any of you had any other options for me to try before doing, and if any of you could guide me through the process.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

2. Welcome to the forums, shannondorf.

Well, that's a fine state of affairs. :D

I think you can restore things just fine if you put in a new micro sd card, or newly formatted on your computer rather than the phone, and then do a factory data reset from the recovery menu, with the sim card in, of course.

Doing the reset as you did, if I understand you correctly, allowed the corrupted and partial files to be involved in the reset.. so, a newly formatted one, or new card is the way to go, imo. :)

shannondorf likes this.
  3. shannondorf

shannondorf New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Thank you for the quick response, Frisco.

I formatted the card as you said and reset my phone, and it worked! I'm so grateful, I really didn't want to mess with the firmware! It seemed to be a corrupted file, after all. Thanks a lot!

I've got one last question: is it possible to redownload all my old apps on my phone quickly? I used to think they were linked to my Google account, so I guess it is possible, isn't it?

Tags: