• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing all traces of Pujie Black app on Huawei

Mikestony

~30% Carbon Black ±
Sep 10, 2010
Next to you
I seem to be having an issue only with the Pujie Black app, and setting the watch faces in the app.
I cannot change them at all. No matter what watch face I choose within the app, it does not change on my watch. It only displays one Pujie watch face, one.

I've removed and reinstalled the app on the phone a couple times.
I've rebooted the phone and watch.
I've tried hiding the watchface on the watch (it won't even hide it) to no avail.

Any other watchface that I choose from the Wear app, or on the watch works fine; it seems to be a Pujie issue.

I can't seem to totally remove it from the watch itself, in order for me to be completely clean for clean reinstall of Pujie.

I guess I'm trying to get totally clean of the Pujie app and any traces of it on the watch for a clean install, but cannot do so.

I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what :(

ok, so I reset my watch, reinstall Pujie on my phone...no joy...now it won't even appear in the Wear app nor on my watch.

Just for giggles, I downloaded a new watchface....it also does not appear in the Wear app nor on my watchface.

I then force stopped, cleared cache and data from the Wear app, and uninstalled it.
I then reinstalled it, set it up, connected it again with my watch and still no joy....no new watchfaces show.
I resynced all apps from the settings in the Wear app...no joy.

My older (than today) watchfaces that I have downloaded DO show up, but nothing that is newer (Pujie and another watchface).

I'll wait until tomorrow to see what's up because I am out of ideas.
:(

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's a Wear issue...
The existing watch faces in Wear sync fine when I change a setting (it syncs fine to the watch).
Other new faces I download will not show in Wear, nor on the watch.
Even updates to existing faces do not show in Wear. (for example, Real LED Watchface that was recently updated).

It's really wierd...it's as if the Wear app decided to stop adding watch faces, but kept the existing ones since yesterday (when I noticed the issue).

As far as texts and emails, yes, those are fine.

Non watch face apps? I don't know about "Bring" but do you mean normal apps? If so, I'll try one.

Right now, I've cleared cache and dalvik from recovery and rebooting...
It takes forever to reboot/rebuild the dalvik cache... "optimizing app 172 of 264" right now. :)

I'll keep you posted on the other, non-watch face app bit.

Upvote 0
Update:
After fudging with this stupid issue all freaking day (can you sense the frustration?), I've managed to fix it.
In fact I did it once, and it did not work but doing it again worked.

I went into the Android Wear app and "forgot watch" (which will require a factory reset on the watch).
I force stopped the app, cleared cache and data, then uninstalled.
Factory reset the watch.
Install a fresh download of Android Wear.
Go through all the BS tutorial on watch, and pair watch.
All my watch faces including Pujie reappeared.

I am now a happy camper, albeit a total of a few hours of my life I won't get back lol :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones