1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

removing App names

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phail, Aug 5, 2010.

1. phail

phail Lurker

I am looking for the name of an App that I read about a while back. From my understanding it would remove the names of the apps when you put them on the screen. Just make it all a little less cluttered. I also recall reading that the extra space from not having names would allow you to put another row of apps on each page.

Does anybody know what I am talking about or am I taking crazy pills?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. copestag

copestag Android Expert

hmmm I recall something like that but not sure what it was........ I believe with ADW Launcher you can completely remove icon names........ personally I use Bettercut and just leave the name fields blank...... but it does still leave a little single space box where the name should be

3. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

Yes, ADW has the option to remove app names. Home screen looks much cleaner:)

4. phail

phail Lurker

Thanks for the advice. I looked into ADW Launcher a little bit and the problem that I have is that it looks like it would take the place of Sense... am I right on that or am I just a noob?

5. Folderorganizer lite has an option of specifying no text when adding an icon to the home screen. I have an HTC Desire and this works fine for me.

6. marefin

marefin Android Enthusiast

LauncherPro also has an option to remove app names.