1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

removing App names

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phail, Aug 5, 2010.

1. phail

phail New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am looking for the name of an App that I read about a while back. From my understanding it would remove the names of the apps when you put them on the screen. Just make it all a little less cluttered. I also recall reading that the extra space from not having names would allow you to put another row of apps on each page.

Does anybody know what I am talking about or am I taking crazy pills?

Advertisement

2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    hmmm I recall something like that but not sure what it was........ I believe with ADW Launcher you can completely remove icon names........ personally I use Bettercut and just leave the name fields blank...... but it does still leave a little single space box where the name should be

3. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Male
    working.
    Yes, ADW has the option to remove app names. Home screen looks much cleaner:)

4. phail

phail New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. I looked into ADW Launcher a little bit and the problem that I have is that it looks like it would take the place of Sense... am I right on that or am I just a noob?

5. forwardmotion123

Jul 10, 2010
    UK
    Folderorganizer lite has an option of specifying no text when adding an icon to the home screen. I have an HTC Desire and this works fine for me.

6. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    LauncherPro also has an option to remove app names.