1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

removing Apps from dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbrazil05, Oct 24, 2014.

1. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Is there a way to remove the "App" from the note 4 docks? I want o something else in its place. I can move/delete/add anything else on the home screen but not the "apps" shortcut. pls advis

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

You can't remove the app drawer shortcut from your dock unless you use a 3rd party launcher such as Nova/November Prime

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

If you removed the app drawer shortcut, how would you easily get to the app list?
    Wouldn't you have to go through Settings > Apps each time, to me that would be a PITA.

4. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I have been using Nova launcher for a long time, that I don't remember that you can't take an app off the dock... LOL

5. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I may have misunderstood, but I'm thinking that he(?) wants to take the 'app drawer' icon off the dock, not a specific app.

6. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Yes, that's what he is asking.....

7. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Install Nova Prime

8. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Ok THANKS TO EVERYONE. I resolved the issue. I installed Nova Launcher and took care of itself.

Without using a 3rd party app it is NOT POSSIBLE to remove the APP.

I'm good now!

./ thread

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews