1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

removing apps issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lestat60628, May 24, 2011.

1. lestat60628

lestat60628 Lurker

I have been trying to remove several apps that came already came with my phone such as uno and midnight bowing demo and the calculator and I have gone to the manage apps under the settings and it. when I select the programs there is no uninstall choices. I tried to place the icons in the trash but they keep popping back up

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Android Enthusiast

Are you rooted? Can't remove system apps unless you are rooted.
    http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/320265-ultimate-ascend-customization-guide.html

3. lestat60628

lestat60628 Lurker

4. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Android Enthusiast

Click the link in my comment. The top one, not the one you quoted.

5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

ROOTING GUIDE:

CAVEAT: This will void your warranty!

1. First, enable USB Debugging on your phone.
    (You can enable USB Debugging by opening Settings on your phone, selecting Applications, then Development, make sure the USB Debugging option has a bright checkmark beside it, a faded checkmark generally means it is disabled.)

2. Using your phone's browser go here and download the file http://www.mediafire.com/?if1yj4ada0qkhv0

3. Save it to your phone.

4. If the download is unsuccessful, download the free app: Dolphin Mini Browser and try that. It should work.

5. If you don't see the app after it is installed, go to file manager in the app drawer and go to your sd card icon and go to the dolphin browser mini folder. You will find it there.

6. Open up z4root and when it asks for permissions, be sure to click on 'allow'.

7. Then do a PERMANENT root. You can always unroot later.

8. After you start the process your phone will turn off. This way you know it is working. When it turns back on it will be rooted. You can check to be sure by opening up z4root again and it will give you the option to: reroot

9. You have now finished rooting!

6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Gingerbreak works well too and it works on 2.1 - 2.3.

7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

+1

what he said!