1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Removing Apps on Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tntero, Dec 22, 2011.

1. tntero

tntero Lurker

Hey there, the main reason i wanted to root my phone was to remove the Vodafone Pre installed apps, so i rooted my Ace successfully ( thanks to rsgarcia888's galaxy ace root for gingerbread 2.3.3 thread ) and now i wanted to delete those said apps, but i have no guide on how to do so, im looking at the Samsung Galaxy Ace: All Things Root Guide by scary alien but the guide for removing apps is missing, anyone can help on this one?

Im sorry for bothering and im sure it might be easy, but im a noob in rooting and all things associated xD

Thanks in Advance
    Antero Duarte

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

This is quite easy to do.

1 - Install Titanium backup * Root from the market (no need for pro if you dont want to spend any money)

2 - Select the middle tab "Backup / Restore"

3 - Press menu button then batch option.

4 - press the option to run backup of all user apps + system data (5th option) - This is done incase of errors and you want to restore later

5 - When done run the first option "verify all backups"
    This checks backed up properly - if not re do backup.

6 - Go back to app list (number 2 above) and press on the app you want to remove. Then press uninstall option. - It will ask if sure then reboot phone after.

7 - The removed app will be gone and appear greyed out in the titanium app list (which can now be restored if you want later)

8 - press the thanks button if this helped!!!!1

3. tntero

tntero Lurker

Thanks a lot, this does seem very easy, and i thought it would be like that, but noobs gonna noob... xDD anyway thanks

DanielleP likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews