• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing apps

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
Hope this is the proper forum.
Samsung Alpha.
1) Somehow I have an app/widget on my phone's lock screen. Appeared 3 days ago for no reason. I've searched Settings, but can't find a setting to remove the app/widget. How do I do it?
2) A couple of years ago I installed an app that appears as soon as I turn on the phone. I've set it up to show time/date/battery and 3-4 other icons. Within the last week, those icons have moved - clustered at the top of the screen. I can't remember the name of the app I used to create the opening screen and a scroll through the apps list doesn't show me anything that sounds familiar. How do I find/modify the app?

Hmmm, I know so little I'm probably not explaining this properly.
When I turn on my phone, I see a screen created by an unknown app displaying time/date/battery. (I created the screen but have forgotten how.) When I hit the phone's RETURN key (bottom right) I see a lock screen - blue background with keypad on the bottom half. Above the keypad is the My Data Manager app/widget which I DLd months ago. Have no idea how it got on the lock screen a few days ago and want to remove it. I THOUGHT there would be a standard setting that would give me access to the lock screen but can't find it.
How do I modify the lock screen?
Secondly, how do I determine which app I used to create the screen I see when I turn on the phone?

Upvote 0
I downloaded the app and it showed up in my app drawer as "my data manager". Did you happen to hide any apps from your app drawer?

I'm not saying I can't find the app. It is in my app drawer and on a screen within the phone. My complaint is it on the screen. I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall. Probably the easiest option.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones