1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root removing bloat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spanky0323, Aug 6, 2013.

1. spanky0323

spanky0323 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2012
    Male
    useless
    melbourne,fl
    i know theirs alot post on here already about this, im just wanna make sure im doing the right thing here.i just rooted my wifes phone didnt install nothing else its just rooted. i seen the post about removing the bloat were i wanna just make sure they will work with a complete stock phone other then root.. from what ive read you need a custom kernal

sorry for the stupid ?s but if i brick this thing im dead.... lol

Advertisement

2. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert
    None

Feb 8, 2012
    texas
    removing bloat wont brick your phone. but it actually removes apps i don't consider bloat. you can right click on the .bat file and edit it to remove the commands for apps you don't want removed if that's within your capacity.

3. spanky0323

None

Jun 17, 2012
    Male
    useless
    melbourne,fl
    Yeh I'm sure I can do that what bloat removal script are talking about.. Tho and like I said I'm completely stock all I have is root

4. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert
    None

Feb 8, 2012
    texas
    http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/643148-automated-all-bloatware-removal.html

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...-removal-version-2-4-lg-motion-4g-rooted.html

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/613241-guide-wip-apps-safe-remove.html

this will remove the removable bloat. there are somethings you can't remove or you will get morning call error but those aren't in this script. their like google books and google movies. they soft brick your phone but it can be avoided by installing the custom kernel which allows you to remove any app. if you softbricked your phone it can easily be fixed using the unbrick method though. or just remove all the removable bloat and disable google books and movies

5. spanky0323

None

Jun 17, 2012
    Male
    useless
    melbourne,fl
    So if I install the custom kernal I can remove the Google junk that soft bricks your phone. ( don't wanna install custom kernel if i don't have) and if I don't I can use one of the scripts above to remove most of the bloat junk.

Thanks for helping me out and being clearly about this. Like i said if I screw this phone up I'm dead lol. I don't wanna do anything else to it till theirs a stable cwm cause that's what I'm familiar with. This thing is a pain in the ass compared to my avid

Tags: