1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

removing bloatware basics

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JamesR913, Jul 27, 2010.

1. JamesR913

JamesR913 Active Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Ok I have a captivate and really want to get rid of the AT&T crap. I have rooted and have to sdk and busy box all installed (at least I think the sdk is installed). Every time I try to

Type in: cd _____PATH TO ANDROID SDK FOLDER______\tools
    Example: cd C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools

I get "The system cannot find the path specified"

What am I doing wrong I have the android-sdk-windows folder on my desktop and went through the sdk setup.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the file needed??

Please help

Advertisement

2. Coppanuva

Coppanuva Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Have you tried CDing one folder at a time?

3. JamesR913

JamesR913 Active Member

Jul 24, 2010
    nothing seems to work

4. naxir

naxir Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    easy way to save yourself some time is to move the folder to C:/... say C:/androidsdk

notice that there's no spaces in the title. spaces must have quotes put around the path name. for example, typing:
    cd C:\Program Files\sdk

will make the computer try to change to the directory C:\Program, the space delineates the argument. the proper way to do that is:
    cd "C:\Program Files\sdk"

Once you have the whole path thing figured out, I suggest adding it to the path environmental variable so that you no longer have to deal with it. In windows 7:
    right click on computer/my computer >> properties >> advanced settings (on the left) >> advanced tab >> environmental variables.

on the bottom is a list of system variables, select Path. You'll see a list of different directories separated by semi-colons. add it into the list and make sure there's a ; in between the surrounding paths. mine looks like this:
    C:\android\tools;c:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\

after you do that, you no longer have to enter the tools folder in order to run any executable within it. i.e. you can be in a directory full of .apk's and just type adb install fubar.apk.

hope that helps.

5. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member

use titanium backup and delete them

easy easy!!!!

6. JamesR913

JamesR913 Active Member

Jul 24, 2010
    are there any consequences of using the titanium method?