1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Removing Bookmarks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amber24, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Amber24

Amber24 Lurker

Hi,

I was trying to add a Facebook bookmark to my home screen and did eventually manage. I went to Facebook and saved a bookmark to my Home Folders but didn't know where it went. I did this a couple more times before I realised. Now I've got erm, well a few of the same bookmarks in my Home Folders and wonder how I can get rid of them.

It's not causing a problem of course but it is doing my head in not knowing how to do it, lol.

Regards, Amber

P.S. Should I have put the prefix as "Tips" or should it have been "Support"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello and welcome, Amber.

The "Tips" prefix is for the OP (Original Poster, you in this case ;)) who is beginning a thread by offering a tip.

Depending on which launcher you're using, most often you can get rid of any icon on the home screen, including bookmarks, files and apps, by long pressing and dragging to the trash at the top or bottom of the screen.

Some launchers allow for a double-tap of the icon, then a menu will pop up offering to edit, resize or remove the icon/bookmark, etc. :)

3. Amber24

Amber24 Lurker

Haha, thanks Frisco. That's what I thought but then I couldn't change it from Tips to Support.
    Well at least if people read this, that'll offer a tip of some sort, hehe.

I know how to remove the ones on my home screen. The ones I'm referring to aren't on my home screen.
    I created the bookmarks and they went into the Home Folders. You know when you tap and hold the main screen until the box with "Add to home screen" and then you have widgets, shortcuts etc.I then tapped on Shorctuts then "Bookmarks" and that is where the facebook bookmarks are. It's those I want rid of, some of them take me to older pages, those I accidentally saved when I didn't know what I was doing.

As I said, not causing a problem, just find it annoying :p

Many thanks for your reply and sorry for the lack of information, not sure what you mean by launcher, hahaha..

Amber

4. Amber24

Amber24 Lurker

Oh my, I've found out how to do it. :five:

Whilst browsing the Internet tap the star at the top right hand side. This brings up a list of Bookmarks. Tap and hold the Bookmark you want to remove and a box pops up with a list of actions, select delete.

:D

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews