• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing clock app.. please help!

moxieb

Lurker
Apr 22, 2011
Ok, so my problem is with the clock app (v 2.2.1 red clock pic). Whenever I press the home key on my lg p500 it brings up this app. I can't figure out how to disable it. It is frustrating because I have to go through this app to get to my regular 'home' screen everytime. When I go to 'manage applications', it will not allow me to uninstall, only 'force stop'. When I try that, it only temp disables it and pressing my home key again brings me right back to that app. I tried downloading an 'app killer' but have the same problem. Is there something im missing? On occassion (rarely) the phone works normally without it running. Can't figure out why or how, and before I know it, its back!

Thanks in advance, I hope there is someone out there that can help me. I think I have tried everything and have avoided posting this because I didn't want to feel like such a noob.

Sorry.. I didn't mean to confuse you there. It is an app that I want to remove. It came installed on the phone but I don't think it activated until I clicked on it. I just looked up some info on rooting my phone which is a possibility but will have to read more. I was also wondering if reseting my phone would be a quick fix? I've only had the phone for a few weeks and I wouldn't really be losing too much info.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I was having the exact same issue.
And it was REALLY starting to get on my nerves.

I have the Android system, but not the same phone that you have, but this solution worked for me (this time.)

The first thing I did was go into my settings and find my application manager. I chose the 'all applications' and found 'clock'
After clicking on that, I chose 'force stop' AND 'clear all data'
This keeps the app INSTALLED without any sort of hack (I don't know if it clears out any alarms, because I didn't have any.)
Then I turned my phone off, then back on.
Once it was on again, I pressed my home key and the evil clock weather thing didn't pop up (halle-frickin-lujah.)
I don't know if this will work for you, but it DID work for me, so it's worth a try, right? <3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones