1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Removing custom Homescreen app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redpanda, Aug 16, 2010.

1. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I installed LauncherPro, but I want to try out the default skin again to see if it has any redeeming qualities. I know that the Home Switcher app doesn't work in Froyo, and clearing my LauncherPro defaults doesn't give me the option to switch back.

So my question is this: if I uninstall LauncherPro entirely, will it return to the default skin, or will I get some kind of irrecoverable error since my phone doesn't have a homescreen?

Related question: If I uninstall and reinstall launcher pro, will my phone remember that I have the paid version? (This is probably more of a Launcher Pro question than a Droid 2 question.)

Advertisement

2. octagon

octagon Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Your right, home switcher doesn't work and clearing defaults in LauncherPro doesn't work for me either.

I've uninstalled a LP a handful of times to go back to the regular stock home with no issues. The default skin is always running I believe so it just reverts back to the default if there is no other option (in this case, LP running). I didn't get any sort of weird error after uninstalling LP, so I believe you may be fine.

Can't speak for your question about the LP paid version. I would think it should be no issue re-installing it and inputting your key again. i could be wrong though :(

redpanda likes this.
  3. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Thanks! I got it. I think you're right about the default skin constantly running in the background, because it seems faster now that I removed all the widgets from the default homepage (which is what I wanted to test).

I didn't even have to re-enter my LP Plus code, so it probably validated my install based on my Google account.