• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing Facebook and Flickr from gallery

Casbah

Aug 25, 2010
Northern Virginia
Ok everyone. I searched but didn't see anything quite similar so wanted to post. Do any of you know how to remove the Facebook and Flickr tabs at the bottom of the Gallery page? I've attached a screenshot.

They don't go away apparently when I remove the apk files but figured they had to be configured somewhere though it's probably compiled into the gallery app. :(

BTW: I know I can just uncheck the box in settings to show the tabs but I'd like to remove them completely.

If there is would you please let me know?

Thanks!

Attachments

• gallery.jpg
    gallery.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 41
the icons don't go away when you menu/settings/uncheck flickr&facebook under social networking? My icons went away after unchecking them.

They do go away after unchecking but at least in Uncommon Sense ROM, they pop up for less than a second as the gallery loads, then they disappear. I'm so thoroughly disgusted with facebook that I don't want to see anything left of them on my phone. My guess is these tabs are compiled in and would take a code hack and recompile to get rid of them permanently but figured I'd ask anyway..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones