• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing Gmail

Hi,

I'm new to Android, so this may be silly questions for the seasoned user, but anyway: I'm now using K-9mail for all my e-mail accounts including Gmail. I would like to remove my Gmail account from the actual Gmail app since I am not using it. How do I do that? Also, if I uninstall the Gmail appl itself, how can I get it installed again if I should want to? I do not see it in the Market.

When I use to use K-9, I just turned off the notifications from Gmail in the Gmail settings; however, I quickly returned to Gmail because K-9 rapes battery and isn't really that much better.

I'll keep the Gmail app around in case that happens to me. You do not know if from where I can reinstall the Gmail app if I choose to uninstall it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones