• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is there anyway to remove the lock screen if you are using say a pattern or something else. I have to unlock twice to access my phone and it is a pain in the you know what. Hopefully there is a way to have that go away like it was on my old phone.

Also I had an app manager on my old device that I could terminate programs easily so that they were not running in the background. Is there something like that for this phone?

Please help.

OP might be referring to the screen that shows when you first pick the phone up, with time and lock on it.
If you have the screen lock turned off in settings then all you have to do is press the on/off button and it will take you to your Home Screen, you don't have to swipe the lock.

Well, you can also turn off Moto Display if you don't want to use that feature.

Upvote 0
So Moto display controls the little lock thing? I will try that and then set up my pattern lock. If not I guess I can try the face thing.
Thanks on both questions I didnt realize that by swiping the app on the recent apps list it would terminate it if it was running. The instructions for this thin kinda suck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones