• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing notification?

I have a voicemail notification in my status bar, but I have no voicemail in my inbox - I have checked several times. How can I get rid of this? It's driving me nuts!

Try rebooting your phone. I noticed sometimes the notification will linger for a while after listening to a voicemail, but I found that usually clicking on it again will make it go away.

Upvote 0
Try rebooting your phone. I noticed sometimes the notification will linger for a while after listening to a voicemail, but I found that usually clicking on it again will make it go away.

I did that accidentally. Left my self a voicemail on the sprint side without checking it. Activated google voice and had the same issue. Had to disable google voice and reinstate sprint voicemail and was able to get rid of it that way. After that you can activate GV again.

Upvote 0
This whole GV/Sprint VM is killing me. Is there any way to totally uninstall GV from my phone? I don't think it is activated right now, I have activated/deactivated a million times, it seems. When my VM picks up, it says Sprint VM. But I still have the VM icon in my notification bar that won't go away...... I can't tell if it is the Sprint or GV icon! I have been searching the net trying to get an answer, to no avail...

Upvote 0
This whole GV/Sprint VM is killing me. Is there any way to totally uninstall GV from my phone? I don't think it is activated right now, I have activated/deactivated a million times, it seems. When my VM picks up, it says Sprint VM. But I still have the VM icon in my notification bar that won't go away...... I can't tell if it is the Sprint or GV icon! I have been searching the net trying to get an answer, to no avail...

GV notification icon is like a talk bubble with a phone inside (pretty sure sprint VM is a different icon). If the icon you have is GV then I'd suggest accessing it from a computer, things might have gotten mixed up when switching between the two

Upvote 0
It must be the Sprint VM icon...it's been on there for 3 days with no new massages in my box...

Hope I'm not bugging anyone..I just am trying to get this pohne customized to my liking and this is not helping...trying to decide if I want to keep it or go back to my Evo and wait for something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones