• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing old carrier info from an unlocked phone

Daruss

Lurker
Dec 28, 2018
I purchased an AT&T GSM unlocked phone, but I'm using a different carrier than AT&T. Is it possible to remove anything related to AT&T from my phone? For instance, when I go to use my wifi on my phone, I'm asked to check if I want AT&T to automatically connect me with the nearest wifi. Maybe that's not possible, but I wanted to ask to be sure. Thank you.

Reactions: pootscott67
I don't know LGs very well, but in general there are two ways: using root plus either a custom ROM or manually removing apps, or else reflashing the phone with firmware from a non-carrier version (as long as there is another version with the same radio bands without the carrier branding, and you don't need some special trick to flash firmware from a different version).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones