1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Removing old NFC sticker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psf57, Jun 24, 2015.

1. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

Qi/NFC sticker coming today. Question is: Easiest way to remove the old NFC sticker (810)?

Advertisement

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

With a hair dryer. Comes right off.

Mikestony and psf57 like this.
  3. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

Thanks - hilmar2k

4. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

next question. I normally would just buy a wireless back, but only have the circle ones. Okay, Installed the sticker, works okay. BUT, it came with this other sticker that has a silver sticky backing. What the heck is that for. No instructions on this thing. ugh

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

That goes over the other sticker.

Mikestony likes this.
  6. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

Ahh, took the old one off. Seems it would have been to thick Thanks :) Working good, at least the Qi part. Haven't checked NFC yet.

7. TommyVee

TommyVee Newbie

What charger are you using?

8. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

9. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast

May I ask where you go the sticker from? And does anyone know if they will work with the leather backs?

10. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

They can be found on eBay, among other places. I got one right away, and it did not fit well inside the leather back. It worked (more or less), but prevented the back from sitting properly, causing the back to not sit flush around the camera. You wouldn't think 1/16th of an inch (or less) protrusion would matter, but it completely changed how the phone felt in my had, enough so that I pulled the sticker out.

I'm hoping a thinner one is available elsewhere. But all of the ads I see look to be the same sticker.

Eric_Sheill likes this.
  11. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

Yeah, got mine from Ebay (China, took a little over a week) and I know with the gray plastic back it's a tight fit. Thinking that's why the OEM Quick Circle fit differently over the sides of the phone.

12. mruno

mruno Android Expert

13. TommyVee

TommyVee Newbie

I wonder if you have to use the second sticker. You might save some space.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: