1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

removing preinstalled apps on droid x guide help

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by MLGOverdriiveX, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MLGOverdriiveX

MLGOverdriiveX Active Member

Jul 25, 2010
    im looking for a way to remove some of the pre installed apps off my new droid x, like the amazon and block buster crap, that i will never use, ive seen some info on it but since the x is new and im not very familiar with smart phone operating systems i was wondering if someone else could give me the step by step on how to do it. or a link to a guide that tells me how.

Advertisement

2. nickf77

nickf77 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    From home screen: MENU > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Tap the application and click uninstall.
    Or get an unistaller app from the market. It makes it a lot easier.

3. MLGOverdriiveX

MLGOverdriiveX Active Member

Jul 25, 2010
    No that only works for normal apps im talking about uninstalling the amazon and blockbuster apps here is a way to do it but u need to download browsers and file managers

4. back2usenet

back2usenet Member

Jul 29, 2010
    UK
    Hey, I'd like to know how to do it too! :thinking:

You can find those pre-installed apps through Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, then tapping menu -> Filter and selecting all. You can change settings of the pre-installed apps, but can't uninstall them. :( Anyone knows how to do that?

5. jmpdroid

jmpdroid New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Can't get any app to uninstall the pre-installed apps. I especially detest Blockbuster and want it off my phone. Any help?

6. Nikaforos

Nikaforos New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    You can not remove any pre installed apps like the Amazon and the blockbuster..You have to root ur phone to be able to uninstall those apps.

7. Cerin

Cerin New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    That's an interesting thing to say. I could rephrase that as "You cannot do that, unless you can do that." So the real question is, what's the easiest way to root the phone...

8. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Virginia
    There is a thread for that.

9. Mcmaster

Mcmaster New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Go to the App Market, install the blockbuster app. It will warn you that it will replace the existing version, you say ok. Once installed, go to manage applications and ...uninstall. poof - gone.

10. tucsonER

tucsonER New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Retired
    Tucson, AZ
    I tried downloading Blockbuster from the apps market to 'update' it in order to delete the pre-installed app. It does NOT work. You cannot delete these factory-installed apps.

11. jeffus

jeffus New Member

Jan 27, 2011