1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Removing preinstalled apps that refuse to leave?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jtf, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jtf

jtf Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Hey all i know this question has probably been asked a million times over but is there any way around these apps that seem to keep reinstalling themselves automatically. Im in China right now and i got this set of applications, QQ security, qq phonebook, qq etc and even if i selectively remove them all via titanium backup they reinstall themselves the next time the phone is restarted. They also auto install extra annoying other chinese apps, all of which are useless to me as i know no Chinese. Does anybody have a solution for this kind of thing its driving me crazy constantly scanning for viruses in Chinese, freezing my phone on calls and opening my text messages in a seperate Chinese program.

Thanks in advance

James

p.s my phone is fully rooted btw.

Advertisement

2. jtf

jtf Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    p.s.s i bought it here hence the chinese apps...

3. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    have you tried using root explorer to physically remove them from your phone?
    i have no idea why they would reinstall themselves though.
    you could also try flashing another rom and that would give you a nice clean install.
    checkrom hd v.4 seems to be the best one around at the moment.

4. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    Geocache
    Try freezing them instead as I believe that should prevent them from running.

5. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Computer Tech & Audio Engineer
    Peterborough - UK
    I just flashed XWKK5 2.3.6 firmware. It'll de-brand your phone, as in my phone was an O2 phone now it's an un-branded SGS2, but that means you can remove software linked to your provider without being forced to install it again.

6. thejimbo

thejimbo Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    To James (OP):
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2
    GT-I9100
    Android version 2.3.3
    Kernel ... DXKL3 ...
    Gingerbread.dxkg4

I was able to long ago ROOT the phone, and the phone said it was rooted according to all tests. However, it did not "act" rooted.

* I could not get the SuperUser to give root permissions.
    * I could not install BusyBox successfully.
    * I could not get Titanium Backup to work (it claimed no ROOT access)
    * SuperManager would run, but it could not do anything.

Thus I could not get SuperManager to delete any of the pre-installed programs. QQ phone book, QQ security, Dianping, and so forth. These are all software from Chinese private companies. All were extremely annoying and I was concerned about how they would be using my data.

There is very little material about how to to this.

After days of searching and trying, I found a the only solution which worked for my phone (for my very specific circumstances).

Here's the where I found it (since I am a new user, you will have to copy & paste):

galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2-newworks-on-all-galaxy-s2-variants/

Keep in mind:
    * I had already rooted my phone through other means (though had only "partial root" success.)
    * Had already installed SuperUser and SuperManager.

The link above is to a short .bat file and some support files. It was able to work in my case (though many others said it did not work for their phone.)

Afterwards I used SuperManager, and SuperUser instantly granted it permission to run. Then, I could delete all the Chinese factory installed software and it stayed off.

Hope this helps.
    Jimbo, The