1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Removing Strange Group

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sharksfan7, Aug 15, 2011.

1. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Please forgive me if my question has been asked and addressed before. I tried searching the forum and the only posting I could find similar was from a year ago and there was no definite info or resolution.

I started using Handcent soon after I got my HTC Inspire a week ago. When I'm composing a new message and I tap on the "+" in the recipient field and go to the Group tab, there is a group listed named "Favorite_" followed by a long string of numbers. There are no contacts in this group. This group doesn't show up in the "People" app nor is it a GMail group. Is there a way to delete this? There are no options when I hit Menu and longpressing on it doesn't do anything. I installed an app called "Contacts GroupU" to see if that would allow me to delete it, but it would not. It would let me rename it though. Also this Group tab list each group twice. I'm assuming one is for Google contacts and one is for Phone contacts. Is there a way to not show one set of groups? Is there any app that will allow me to see and manage every group that exists on my phone?

Advertisement