1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Removing Superuser App

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eyeldham, Dec 9, 2013.

1. eyeldham

eyeldham Newbie

I'm sorry if this is a really simple question but have spent ages reading different things and now confused.

I rooted Galaxy ACE 5830 and partioned the SD card a few months back to try and get better performance. Have now given up and want to return phone back to original state.

I did a factory restore as thought this would work, I think that this has rerooted the phone (good) but not removed the Superuse App (bad) as it still shows on the icons and can be accessed.

Can't seem to work out how to remove.

Some threads talk of "flashing" which I don't really understand and from reading about and checking I think the phone is running the correct and latest firmware.

Do I need to reroot (if so how) and then remove the SU app?

Please can anyone help in really basic simple steps please?

Ed

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

To get back to stock and unroot the best way is to flash the proper official firmware. Im not sure whats the best way to do that on an older samsung (i remember my wife rooted her ace without even a PC lol) but on samsung its usually done with Odin on a pc (ill find a link to a guide)
    That will remove root and make your phone normal.
    As for the repartitioning you did... im not sure if flashing a stock rom will reset that...
    One thing is for sure, a factory reset wont change your system one bit :thumbup:
    Best place to ask is in an Ace forum (i know from my wifes that the forum here is a bit dead sorry) :beer:

P.s, personally id keep the phone rooted and find a nice custom rom for it to squeeze a bit of life out of it :thumbup:

3. valorian

valorian Android Expert

mikedt likes this.