1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Removing symbol from my apps screen where the programme has been installed.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alggomas, Jan 13, 2013.

1. alggomas

alggomas Member

Jan 8, 2013
    I installed an English/Welsh dictionary app. I think I must have uninstalled it because when I click on the app it says : the linked programme is no longer installed on your phone.

How do I remove the app symbol please?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Try long pressing the symbol and see what options appear. I hope this helps.

3. alggomas

alggomas Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks for suggestion.
    I did this and symbol grew bigger and on top of screen info said drag to empty screen to see options. I did and a dustbin symbol appeared on bottom of screen so I dragged it there and it vanished.
    However when I went back to the screen with all the apps it had returned! I tried several times but same result.

4. mysticspiral

mysticspiral Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Busting skulls ,Kicking butt and taking names.
    Superior,Wisconsin
    By chance did you have another launcher installed on your phone and then at some point uninstall it it . ? I have had this same issue before and I found out it had something to do withn the launcher I had installed and then later uninstalled.

5. alggomas

alggomas Member

Jan 8, 2013
    I have no idea what a "launcher" is!
    All I did was remove the original sd card and it's contents and upgraded to a 16gb card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

6. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    You might make certain aren't given a dustbin on the screen where the icon is when you long press. It's there that you should dump it. This is a long shot but easily done and sometimes clears wonky problems such as you describe. Power off the phone, pull out the battery for a few, reinsert the battery, and power back up. Then try your long press and drag to the dumpster. I hope this helps.

Tags: