1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Removing the charger slider on the car dock from verizon.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Helicrewchief, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member
    Jun 30, 2010

Jun 30, 2010
    Blackhawk Crewchief
    North Carolina
    Sorry if this has been posted i didnt see it in the search.

I've been with the X since release day and have integrated it into my truck for all my music and navigation needs. The wife really like that but didn't want the X so she just got the SF last week and bought the car dock as well. After taking a look at the dock and realizing that you have to be on froyo to get full advantage of it and with Verizon/samsung being slow on updates this might take awhile. So I decided to remove the sliding charger/headset thing.

It was very easy to do and I wish I took pictures for y'all. All you need is a jewlers(sp) flat tip and phillip screwdrivers. If you look at the back there are two circular "disk" those are just stickers to hide two screws. Remove those. Then remove the two screws with the phillips. Next was the hard tricky part because we might want to put the slider back on. So I didn't want to damage it. But starting at the usb port edge you will see a fine line of two plastic pieces meeting. You want to carefully pry the two apart to basicly get to the "guts" of the charger portion. There was 6 tabs totaled. Once the cover is off you will see the slider assembly with 4 phillips screws. Remove those and there you have it. You can now plug the charger with the headset cord at the same time.