1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Removing the Voice Commands app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by p_025, Dec 4, 2010.

1. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    So I finally got sick of the voice commands app interrupting whatever I was doing because I kept accidentally hitting the stupid button for it. I had just rooted my Devour and wanted to see what I could do. I looked in the "about" section of the voice commands app and saw it was a "vsuite" something or other. So I found it in Root Explorer and deleted it.

Now whenever I hit the button, it force closes whatever app I have up. While I think this shows progress, this isn't necessarily better. Does anyone know how to shut up the Voice Commands thing properly? It's a feature I never use, my girlfriend never uses, and we both have trouble with accidentally hitting the button when trying to turn the volume down.

Advertisement

2. kookmasteraj

kookmasteraj Member

Mar 28, 2010
    "If you are rooted you could rename the voicecommand.apk to "voicecommand.bak" and that should do it."

Try that

3. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    I think you misunderstood me. I already removed it, now I have a small force closing problem. I'd hoped to make the button do nothing. Also it wasn't a "voicecommands.apk" is was something with "vsuite" in its name.

Could perhaps replacing it with an app that does nothing work? In which case I need to know what exactly the app's path is since I *kind of* deleted it.

by "kind of" I mean completely

4. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010