• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing Tricky AT&T bloatware

I have been trying to eliminate pesky bloat from At&t on my phone labeled "Mobile Hotspot", it does not show up as an app in Titanium Backup or any other bloatware removing apps. All this app does is open up a sub menu of settings to enable wifi tethering or wifi hotspot, when enabling wifi from the sub menu a toast notification declares "Turning on Portable Wi-Fi hotspot will turn off Wi-Fi". I use rootless pixel launcher, and checking the launcher's app db, "Mobile Hotspot" is labeled com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$WifiApSettingsActivity.

Deleting this entry in my pixel launcher's db does nothing, and it gets repopulated almost immediately. I have tried to mess around with com.android.settings package in /data/data but have not been successful either. Where is the source, or at the least what do I need to do to eliminate this annoying useless app?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones