• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing unwanted programs

Scosun

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Vortex Guru's,

I'm a little disappointed to learn that the Vortex comes with Bing and such and not the Google apps. I read somewhere you cannot remove these. Is that true? For exmaple, I would prefer to use the Google Navigator vice the VZ Navigator. At the very least, can I move the VZ/Bing/etc. icons off of the home screens and place the Google versions there instead?

Also, I accidentally put some widgets on the side home screens like latitude and an Fb status updater. How do I get rid of these?

Thanks!

Alright, first thing's first: you can't technically remove the pre-installed programs. You can by rooting your phone, however, which is advanced and technically violates your warranty.

The fact that you have preinstalled apps does not prevent you from downloading your own, however.

To remove something from the home screen, simply put your finger on it and hold. A trash can will appear at the bottom of the screen, and you can drag and drop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones