• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing "Verizon Wireless" from lock screen?

I know what root is.

I was saying that I don't have the Carrier Name on my lock screen or any place else.

wordie I am with you.....you are not crazy or blind...lol my lock screen is completely black...no logo no clock...oooops I want a clock:eek: how do I get the time?....wouldn't mind logo...but as of right now my screen is black as can be;)

Upvote 0
I'm not being funny... my phone doesn't have anything that says Verizon other than the silver logo printed under the speaker.

It's not in the software anywhere... and I know why. :)

ok wordie...mine does too.....but I do not know why....could you fill me in?did we get a special edition?not being funny either....just wanted to help u, cuz the others seem to think we are blind or something...lol...soooo why?

Upvote 0
not when the screen is locked, mine is black then, too. i mean after you hit the unlock button at the top of the phone and the screen comes on that you have to swipe down on to get to your home screen. on that "swipe down" screen it says Verizon Wireless with a digital clock underneath and also the date underneath the time.

Upvote 0
not when the screen is locked, mine is black then, too. i mean after you hit the unlock button at the top of the phone and the screen comes on that you have to swipe down on to get to your home screen. on that "swipe down" screen it says Verizon Wireless with a digital clock underneath and also the date underneath the time.

oh ok Julie...well, I guess I haven't seen the "original" lock screen in a while so I didn't remember! I thought you meant when it's asleep! I use lockbot...which makes it easier because all you have to press is the trackstick not the button on top of the phone...then the customized (via lockbot app) screen comes up...I swipe that one...and my home screen appears..no more swiping at all....well also no clock and logo....so I put a clock with date as a widget on my first home screen! maybe that helps you....well, it's at least one way to get rid of it! good luck;)

Upvote 0
Is there any way to add the "Verizon Wireless" to the operator name? I am on a Alltel plan and I am trying to use the service Sensorly. Sensorly is a application that croudsources users signal strength and shows it on a map. But I can submit data because the data it sends to their service shows up as the operator Unknown. I've been in contact with the developer and they are working on fixing this issue. But in the meantime is there a way to manually change it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones