• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rename Clockwork Recoveries?

The_Horak

May 14, 2011
Is it okay for me to rename Clockwork recoveries on my PC's Windows Explorer? I'd rather the folder names be called the Rom that they are Recoveries of, instead of the date and time that the recovery was done. Is that okay, or will I screw up Clockwork when I go to load a recovery? NOTE: I only want to rename the folder, not files.

Is it okay for me to rename Clockwork recoveries on my PC's Windows Explorer? I'd rather the folder names be called the Rom that they are Recoveries of, instead of the date and time that the recovery was done. Is that okay, or will I screw up Clockwork when I go to load a recovery? NOTE: I only want to rename the folder, not files.

Yes, you can rename the Nandroid backups--just stick with letters, numbers, dashes, etc. (i.e., stay away from spaces, special characters, etc.).

Spaces, ampersands, semi-colons, asterisks, question marks, etc. have been know to cause issues.

Cheers!

Reactions: The_Horak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones