1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Render Affect?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Android noob, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I saw the Render effect in my cyanogenmod ROM for my eris, and I was wondering which color is the best to use? And does it actually make a huge difference in battery life?

Advertisement

2. I messed with that for a while, found it interesting then got bored with it, went back to defaults and haven't used it since.

If it had an effect on battery drainage I could not detect it.. only used the rendering for about two hours, though.

Android noob likes this.
  3. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Thanks Frisco :) I was hoping it would give me a huge increase in battery life.. but hearing that it didn't really for you, its not worth seeing everything in red for that little boost in battery haha.

4. Try it out. Your mileage may vary. ;)

5. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Macon, Ga
    In my experience toying with rendering, it dramatically slowed down my phone, even though I'm OC'ed to 768.

6. crazysoccerman14

crazysoccerman14 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    How would it slow down your phone? I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but the red render prevents your phone from blinding your eyes in the dark (laying down on your bed). Couple that with changing the screen brightness to 2 when the sensor detects a light level below 10 and you have an awesome setup.

I came to this thread because i was wondering if there was a program that does the same thing for the computer. My laptop screen doesn't dim enough.

7. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    On the Eris it slows your phone down dramatically, it sucks. but I do use it at night to not blind myself. Our phone just can't handle this render effect very well.