1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support renew my S3?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by rwarwarwa, Mar 21, 2016.

1. rwarwarwa

rwarwarwa Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I was wondering if I could keep using my S3 by cleaning up the storage (eg deleting many useless things) and use a legacy operating system and apps that were initially design for the S3. As my phone currently auto updates, I believe the updates are not designed to run on my phone. Is there a step by step process I can perform to clean up and speed up my S3 so I can keep using it and not have to trash it cause it's "old"? Thanks. rwa

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    The S3 is by far my favorite Samsung phone. Lots of development for the device and parts are available and affordable, very easy to repair if something breaks. Only reason I'm not using one as a daily driver is old eyes like a bigger screen.
    I've never had a problem with a updated app not working correctly but there have been changes to apps that I don't like. Some people keep auto update turned off in settings in the Play Store and never allow there apps to update.

The S3 will not receive any further system updates, 4.4.2 was the last unless they do security updates. Lots of custom Roms are available and very stable but like most things depends on which S3 model you have.
    Sometimes if your device starts running slow or acting buggy, a factory reset will often cure it. Especially if you have been using it for a few years thru several system updates.

rwarwarwa, mikedt and Mikestony like this.
  3. rwarwarwa

rwarwarwa Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Male
    Thank you Jfalls63. Much appreciate the info.

Jfalls63 likes this.