1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Repair loose battery door, once and for all

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FireChief, Dec 9, 2009.

1. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

OK, My battery door was continuing to slide off.. Especially since I got the holster. It seems that when putting the Droid BACK in the holster my fingers 'slide' down the back of the unit and pop the door out... I have had to pick up the door off the floor several times.

For those of you with this issue, I have found a way to fix it, once and for all time!

(Note: There is a video on the forum showing a fix, but it didn't secure it enough for my unit).

So, here is what I did. If you do this, just don't 'squeeze' too hard. And squeeze EACH of the four tabs.

It works FOR GOOD... when I put my door back in place now, there is a nice, loud SNAP as it pops in.. Cool.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I noticed the grammar error.. the distance NEEDS to be shortened.. oops..

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. grrnewt

grrnewt New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    yeahm this works pretty well. though i think i did it a bit too hard, and now its a bloody sob to get it on/off. it seems that you dont really have to see it move to make a difference.

thanks! this had been driving me buggy

3. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Wow, this worked great for me! The first video out showing you to use a flat head screwdriver did nothing. But this actually makes it click into place. Thanks!

4. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    7 cities VA
    thanx cheif.. i definately was about to make a thread about my door lol..

5. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Male
    I didn't even do that, just held mine like I was going to flick a deck of cards and just pressed outward on the center slightly, not even enough to see that its bent but enought that the top corners don't move when I press on them and it feels a little more solid.

6. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009

+1 same here, just a slight flex of the door and its on there tight now

7. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    IT Manager
    Denver, CO
    Shorter tutorial: Business card.

8. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Just contact Motorola support and they will send you a new one. I ordered a new one and it's a night and day difference, the new one locks in place the way it should have initially.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Sweet. My door isn't falling off or anything, but is a tad bit loose. I'll probably do this when I get home tonight.