• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RepaIr Stock Browser...

Ok, what did you do to delete the browser from the app drawer?

Usually you need to delete from System / Applications / Browser - Uninstall.

Is this how you did it?

If not you should be able to place the app back on your homescreen. Press and hold a spot on your home screen from here select the apps tab, then look to see if your browser is there. If not, we may need to find the .apk from a stock rom, and side load.

Please go under Settings / About / and post back your android version. In the mean time I'm going to alert some folks to help out. :)

Upvote 0
K i have Transformer Infinity. And i did what you said to uninstall it. My Android vers. Is 4.1.1. Let me know anything later

That browser wasn't part of the OS then. It can't be stored in the /System partition or you wouldn't have been able to delete it from the Applications menu.

I think we are going to need to find and download the stock Rom for this device and extract the .apk then load with Estrongs or equivalent file manager app. Otherwise download a new browser from the Play store, like Boat Browser.

I'm still out with my kids, sneaking a peek in while mobile. I appreciate your patience. :)

Upvote 0
Sorry it took so long, been really busy. :eek:

I downloaded the latest stock rom for your device and extracted the Browser.apk from the file. All you need to do is download this file, place on your SD card, or directly on the internal storage. Use a file manager app like Estrongs or Astro file manager, find the app, select it and choose to install. That "should" be it. The app is attached.

Let us know if this works. :)

Attachments

• Browser.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
DerekJZ said:
Hi i download the file on Tablet. So where can i find it?

It depends on what you did to download the file to your tablet.

If you downloaded to your PC, then transfered to the tablet via USB, then it will be in the internal memory in the main folder.

If you opened a browser on the tablet, then it will most likely be found in a downloads folder found in the internal memory, or sometimes found under a folder with the same name as the browser.

Example: If I download a file on my phone using Maxthon Browser, I need to navigate to the folder folowing this path: SD / Maxthon / Downloads

I personally use Estrongs File manager, and I suggest you get it from the Play Store. it's really easy to use, and works great. :)

Open Estrongs, and it'll automatically open to the main internal memory partition and display the contents. You can also do a search of the device using the app. Select the magnifying glass on the top of the main screen and type in Browser.apk. Select the third dropdown box and select "ALL" for file type, and then select "OK".

Lastly, I'm going to copy the contents of this message and post it up in your help thread. I really like to have this type of info posted out in the forum for the whole community to read and benefit from. :)

If you have any trouble, just let us know. We won't stop until we get this figured out. :)

Granite1

Reactions: DerekJZ
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones