• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RepaIr Stock Browser...

Ok, what did you do to delete the browser from the app drawer?

Usually you need to delete from System / Applications / Browser - Uninstall.

Is this how you did it?

If not you should be able to place the app back on your homescreen. Press and hold a spot on your home screen from here select the apps tab, then look to see if your browser is there. If not, we may need to find the .apk from a stock rom, and side load.

Please go under Settings / About / and post back your android version. In the mean time I'm going to alert some folks to help out. :)

K i have Transformer Infinity. And i did what you said to uninstall it. My Android vers. Is 4.1.1. Let me know anything later

Nope do not know what it is and does. Let me know .
See the red highlighted text...that is why I asked. :) Usually to delete a system app, you need to be rooted. If it was a user app, then you can delete it without root.

Upvote 0
I am really sorry, but besides installing a browser from the Play Store or factory resetting the device, your other option is to root it and either flash the stock rom or another rom. I am not familiar with your device but is this the correct make/model?:
ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T - Android Forums

I wish I had a better answer for you:(

Upvote 0
Can explain the rooting way so i can try it? Or any other way?
If you go to the link I provided, there will be a root forum there.
I am not familiar with your device, but there are others there that can help:)

Have you tried to reset your device first before you try rooting?

I don't know if you want to go thru the rooting process just because of a browser issue ya know?:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones