1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Repairing / hiding tiny scratch on screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Quboid, May 28, 2011.

1. Quboid

Quboid Android Enthusiast

I have a tiny scratch on my Samsung Galaxy S II's nice new AMOLED screen. Is there any way to repair this?

The scratch is quite near the middle, it is a vertical line about 4mm long and a hair's width wide. I get a rainbow effect when the screen is on. Can diluted rubbing alcohol help?

Gorilla Glass is not scratch proof, it is scratch resistant :( Screen protectors and a case as in the post (bolting the door after a horse as bolted!)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast

Take it to a cell phone repair place. That sucks btw, I feel for you.

3. salimundo

salimundo Newbie

You could try using that eyeglasses scratch repair stuff. I usually see it in grocery store check out lines in a little tube. I've never used it but it might help.

4. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

Does a screen protector help conceal it?

5. Quboid

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Something that bothers me about antifingerprint films is that it'll be perfectly fine for a while but then start showing fingerprints. From what I understand, the coating only lasts for a while.

I believe it will help conceal it. It looks to be somewhat of a hazy film and not ultraclear.

7. Quboid

I'll try the protector when it arrives, if that doesn't help I'll look at the eye glass repair stuff.

Why was this moved? I figured the advice applies to all phones, or at least all Gorilla Glass phones.

8. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

9. Quboid

I was wondering about that, it hasn't got great reviews but some people have had some success. I might try that. Hopefully my protector will be here on Tuesday so I can see how that works out.

10. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

That screen protector says it has an adhesive so it would probably conceal the scratch pretty well I would think. I would say that the ones that are just "static adhesive" wouldn't work because there's no substance to actually "fill" the scratch.

11. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

Sorry to hear about the scratch. Yet more evidence that screen protectors can be invaluable even with gorilla screens.

12. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

I also have a small scratch on my screen, it was online noticeable at certain angles and light. I now have a screen protector on it and you can't see it anymore.

13. KDR7

KDR7 Newbie

I have a crack in my screen from dropping the phone. anybody UK based had the same issue and had it repaired? looking for a rough idea on costs

thanks

14. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Well a new screen you can get for under AU$185 delivered (maybe less, but that's how much I paid on ebay). And I'm not sure you can fix a crack for half that price?

15. MattGodders

MattGodders Lurker

I dropped my phone on Saturday and the screen smashed. It cost me

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews