• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Repeat Text Messages

Boy! What happened over there? That discission blew up! One thing I would say for duplicate text messages, charges can rack up if we dont have an unlimited text message plan.... Definitely a fix is on order.

We've determined that messages aren't going through the carrier more than once, so it is either a local bug or setting. Look for a PM

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
its amazing, but i am still not getting duplicates anymore...like one of those situations where you ask for help only for it to not be duplicated...thus making me look foolish! LOL

You dont look foolesh. Its good that your issue cleared. I am thinking it must habe something to do with maybe, the text is sent, but maybe behimd the scene gets flagfed as in-queue as if its still pending , and "resends" at the next attempt. But in actuallity, the first did successfully send...just a thought.

Pupkat! Thats a good thing where only one of duplicate text sms gets charged! THats a pleasant relief!:D

Upvote 0
its amazing, but i am still not getting duplicates anymore...like one of those situations where you ask for help only for it to not be duplicated...thus making me look foolish! LOL

I'm glad your all set. I think your poltergeist just moved on to my wife's phone.:D I fiddled with every app and setting I could find on it and came up empty.:mad:

Upvote 0
I'm glad your all set. I think your poltergeist just moved on to my wife's phone.:D I fiddled with every app and setting I could find on it and came up empty.:mad:

Yep its good one is cleared up but thats spookie not being able to identify where and why its happening. Them gremlins can reek some havoc cant they!
amc_gremlin.jpg

Upvote 0
You dont look foolesh. Its good that your issue cleared. I am thinking it must habe something to do with maybe, the text is sent, but maybe behimd the scene gets flagfed as in-queue as if its still pending , and "resends" at the next attempt. But in actuallity, the first did successfully send...just a thought.

Pupkat! Thats a good thing where only one of duplicate text sms gets charged! THats a pleasant relief!:D

No no...its ok, i'm perfectly secure in my foolishness...its a gift really! :cool:

The only thing that gets me is the fact that I can't re-create it. I keep trying though...driving the wife crazy. I was working on it while doing cardio at the gym. She says i have too much time on my hands.

Upvote 0

My apologies to your wife's phone...:D

It just bugs me to death to not have a positive resolution. How often is her phone duplicating? Every text? Did you say it was email as well?

Upvote 0
My apologies to your wife's phone...:D

It just bugs me to death to not have a positive resolution. How often is her phone duplicating? Every text? Did you say it was email as well?

Yes, messages and email. Now this morning she said that the last two emails she received did not duplicate, so maybe hers self corrected too. It is frustrating to not be able to say "that's what fixed it.":mad:

Upvote 0
No no...its ok, i'm perfectly secure in my foolishness...its a gift really! :cool:

The only thing that gets me is the fact that I can't re-create it. I keep trying though...driving the wife crazy. I was working on it while doing cardio at the gym. She says i have too much time on my hands.

Dont they know we are "gadget guys". Its in our blood to tinker and figure how things work :D

Upvote 0
it did it again...problem not resolved...DOH!

It was waiting for me to relax before winding me up again! LOL

ATT just released a statement that ICS is going to be released for the Vivid in the coming weeks though, so maybe there is a fix in that...

Ohhhh-noooh! The poltergeisted-gremlins are back. Yes, hopefully one of ATTs releases will fix it.

Upvote 0
Ohhhh-noooh! The poltergeisted-gremlins are back. Yes, hopefully one of ATTs releases will fix it.

Too bad I'm on Verizon, that's why I think it's something in Sense.:(

I'll just be happy to rock ICS...I'll be even happier when I get some sweet ICS Custom Roms...I'll actually root my phone for that...

The Rhyme is getting ICS too, I already have it and it is awesome. I'm not sure how they are going to handle the buttons though as they don't map out to pre ICS buttons any more. The original four (Home, Search, Menu, & Back) have been replace by a three button scheme (Home, Back, Task Switcher) with a menu button only appearing for apps that have not done the ICS compatibility change.

Upvote 0
Too bad I'm on Verizon, that's why I think it's something in Sense.:(

The Rhyme is getting ICS too, I already have it and it is awesome. I'm not sure how they are going to handle the buttons though as they don't map out to pre ICS buttons any more. The original four (Home, Search, Menu, & Back) have been replace by a three button scheme (Home, Back, Task Switcher) with a menu button only appearing for apps that have not done the ICS compatibility change.

i heard about the button issue too...curious to see how thats handled...as well. I'll let you know as soon as i get the update...whenever that might be...

Upvote 0
I "is" jealous of you guys. The Streak gets no updates. But if I root this puppy, could get som eb custom updates.

I was ok with my Vivid as delivered, but the more I get weirdo repeat texts, the more I want to root. I wish there was more development for this device, but i'm sure it will pick up...

Upvote 0
Chall i cant remember if you mentioned it... (see, when i dont have my daily banana bread, i lose brain cells).. do you have unlimited texts? I wonder does ATT reimburse customers who have to pay per text when reporting they are getting duplicate messages?

i do have unlimited text...this is basically just an superficial(but serious) irritation....

Upvote 0
I have an HTC Vivid and I'm having the same issue, along with text messages being out of order. Has anyone updated to ICS yet and seen any changes? The update they have on the htc site is for Windows and I have a Mac so I can't update.
Im not sure but mine stopped doing the double text before i updated to ICS.Now that I've updated everythings still running fine with no double text.
Have you tried to update over the air via wifi?That is an option if you want the latest ICS update.

Upvote 0
Im not sure but mine stopped doing the double text before i updated to ICS.Now that I've updated everythings still running fine with no double text.
Have you tried to update over the air via wifi?That is an option if you want the latest ICS update.

I have, but every time I check for AT&T software updates it says "Server Unavailable" Thanks though!

Upvote 0
I have, but every time I check for AT&T software updates it says "Server Unavailable" Thanks though!
Did you try the method of pinging there server via this method?
Dial *#*#682#*#* in the dialer while on WIFI and see if the update option pops up.Make sure the battery is charged above 50% before trying to update.
If that don't work you could try using virtual pc to run HTC sync on your mac machine long enough to run the update.
Download Virtual PC for Mac - Run Windows on your PPC Mac. MacUpdate.com

There is also VirtualBox
https://www.virtualbox.org/

Reactions: Kim235
Upvote 0
Had a vivid from mid November to mid December. I paid the restocking charge and switched to the skyrocket because I was getting intermittent triplicate or out of order texts. Switched and for the past 3 months I have been having texting issues on the skyrocket. Intermittent issues are duplicate texts and messages I send failing, and some texts people send me never arrive. I am on my third skyrocket and third sim card. Tomorrow is day 5 of my latest case with At&t not being able to figure out issue. I think it has something to do with lte, because I didn't have this issue until switching to the vivid and skyrocket.

Upvote 0
Had a vivid from mid November to mid December. I paid the restocking charge and switched to the skyrocket because I was getting intermittent triplicate or out of order texts. Switched and for the past 3 months I have been having texting issues on the skyrocket. Intermittent issues are duplicate texts and messages I send failing, and some texts people send me never arrive. I am on my third skyrocket and third sim card. Tomorrow is day 5 of my latest case with At&t not being able to figure out issue. I think it has something to do with lte, because I didn't have this issue until switching to the vivid and skyrocket.
I have thought it was the provider all along.I think its due to them updating there towers to 4g and lte services.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones