• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Repeat Text Notification Sound

Willum08

Lurker
Aug 27, 2015
Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 with Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and I'm trying to find a way to make the 'text received' notification sound repeat at a preset interval. I often miss the single initial warning if my phone is not near me and therefore can't make an instant reply - as is often desirable....
My partner's phone uses Android KitKat 4.4.2 and the facility is available on that version. It's strange that it seems unavailable on a later version of Android - or have I missed something ??
If I update my version to Marshmallow 6 would this help ?
Any help or suggestions as to how I can achieve this facility would be much appreciated......

Can't believe this has been read 200 times and no-one has said if it worked or didn't work for them!
Thank you for your reply - I have just returned home and checked this forum, hence late response.....

I trie the settings you suggested but they don't seem to work :(
I set the Notification reminder to On and vibrate to ON in the Applications' options. I set the 'Messages' App to ON and the Interval to 1 Minute, but having received a text from a friend, I waited for over 2 minutes but no repeat reminders were evident.....

Upvote 0
Hi Shropshire Lad,

That did it !!! I had one other app. (email) selected besides 'messages'. I've set it for 2 minute repeat and it's working fine....
It seems strange that you can't set more than one app. to cause a repeat notification.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Samsung's help line and after describing the problem - as defined in my original post - I was informed that it was not possible to set the phone to provide repeat notifications, under 'marshmallow' !!!
So much for Samsung's technical helpline Eh?

My sincere thanks to you for your time and help - It is truly appreciated......

Kind Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones