1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Repeating text/sms alerts??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tnedator, Jun 21, 2012.

1. tnedator

tnedator Member

Ok, this is always the first thing I need to figure out when getting a new phone. For some reasons, the smart phone world didn't seem this as crucial, even though back in the day of traditional cell phones, it was a built in setting.

Anyway, I need to have my text messages, and hopefully voicemail and missed calls, have an audio alert and then repeat every x minutes until viewed or the alert cleared.

I get server down and similar text message alerts and need it to keep beeping until I wake up.

So, does either ICS or Samsung have this built in? If not, what's the best app for this that works with ICS? My preference would be a dedicated app rather than setting it up in tasker, assuming there is a reliable repeating alarms/alerts app that works with ICS.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. veef13

veef13 Lurker

hello

did you find a solutoin to this? i have the same issue, my personal phone runs vanilla android and this works ok, but work one is a s3 and doesnt, need alerts for server down and support

thanks

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Loads of apps in the Play Store that do this

4. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Yes, the S3 can do this. In the messaging settings, you can set the notification to repeat every 2 minutes or every 10 minutes.

5. tnedator

tnedator Member

I've been using "Missed Call Deluxe" and it works fairly well. It let's you set repeating alarms for SMS, voicemail and missed calls. These are enabled and configured independently of each other.

6. blenkows

blenkows Newbie

huh? Mine doesn't have this

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews