1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Replace any Broken EVO's this month for $100?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HAMBO, Aug 16, 2011.

1. HAMBO

HAMBO Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey everyone,

Been having some issues with my phone that I have been ignoring, but realized Sprint is offering open enrollment into the insurance plan this month. Called them and for $5 a month (which you can cancel right after) and $100 deductible you can get a brand new EVO, will cover problems you had before signing up apparently.

May just wait until I can upgrade to 3D or something else, but an option for anyone who's been holding on to a cracked / broken EVO.

Advertisement

2. Barats

Barats Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    Hmmmm so to be clear, I can sign up for this, request a new Evo, send in my old one, they send me a new one and I can cancel the insurance right after?

Because mine has a USB charge port issue I'd like fixed but do not have insurance on it, though.

3. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    It will be a refurbished model not a new model.

New to you however...

4. Barats

Barats Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    Oh yeah I knew that. I was just seeing if I was following his logic. So did I follow it correctly? I do not believe in getting insurance on a phone and never will.

I will take advantage of this if I can. How reliable are their refurbished phones?

5. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    these phones are 2nd and 3rd removed. i would not get one unless i had no choice.

6. HAMBO

HAMBO Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Good to know!

7. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I got one 'free' refurb via Sprint repair center when my phone started re-booting randomly. This phone looked new except for a piece of dust under the screen near the top. I would have complained except I couldn't see it except when rebooting the phone and it was on a black backlit screen.

This phone died a horrible death after is was left ontop my car and fell off. This replacement was via Assurion. The replacement arrived and it was horrible. The screen was scratched from the back side, it had light leaking all over and you could see the pry marks from the screen having been replaced. I immediately called to let them know I wasn't happy and they said they'd send another. The next phone they sent was BRAND NEW in the retail packaging. Needless to say I was happy. I'm still using this phone. They had me send back the refurb I didn't like the same way I sent back my phone that was in pieces. Strip it down to the bare phone and put it in the pre-paid bubble-pack mailer.

All is well that ends well.

marctronixx likes this.
  8. stainlessray

stainlessray Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    Wow. I'm really amazed that people would publicly abuse a program designed to help customers. Personally, I believe that you should have bought the insurance when it was offered. This little experiment in good faith will likely never be repeated because of people like you who destroy the good faith of those who come up with these ideas. Congratulations on being the one's who ruin it for those who need it.... In advance, truly, thank you

ocnbrze, flatlander and jlink38 like this.
  9. Shawnz

Shawnz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    They also have to lie and say the damage happened after the insurance was added.

My mom lost her phone a week after she bought it. Sprint phone support advised me to add the insurance and it would be covered. I was surprised to say the least! I told it like it was and Assurion denied the claim, as I expected them to.

It isn't worth committing fraud...

10. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    Make sure you get a refurbished phone via sprint not the third party those people will rip you off...

Tags: