• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

Could you possibly upload this background wallpaper? I've searched for this "robot box man" yet to no avail.

Kennster:

Here's the one I used plus several others I cropped and sized for my Incredible (or other phones with a resolution of 480x800).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, if you want to find more, this little action figure is apparently the hottest model for photographers these days. Just do a Google image search for "Danboard" or "Danbo"... you'll be amazed.

Reactions: Kyuss and Kennster
Upvote 0
First of all I love the app for me its a must have. the only problem I have is the double lock screen issue I unlock WL then I get the htc pull down lock screen. Also when I get a call it will be either the htc pull down to answer or the android standard answer or ignore screen it seems to switch between the 2. Any ideas on what the cause of this may be and if it can be remedied? I tried disabling the htc lock screen but then the same problem occurs with the stock android lock screen.

Upvote 0
I have read the whole thread and not sure if I missed the answer or anything, since my head is spinning, but thought I would ask here.

I purchased WL a few days ago and love it. I do notice one thing though, and it doesn't happen all the time:

When I wake my phone after it is sleeping, say in the morning after I wake up, I see the WL screen. Good. I unlock and then sometimes, not all the time, it goes to the Sense lock screen. It's not a huge thing but just an extra step.

Here is how I have my phone set up:

Rooted using Redemptive Revolution ROM
I have an unlock screen for a visible pattern set up.
WL Setup Info:
Easy Wake Mode is OFF
I have an alternative wallpaper set
HTC Weather Animations: HOME ONLY
I have Root bypass of Five Second Rule CHECKED
Always unlock to HOME UNCHECKED
HomeHelper Launcher: NOT ON
Select System HOME: HTC Sense (Use by default set)
I have appear on boot CHECKED (Not sure if I should since I don't have Home Helper on)

Not sure what else you might need to know. It doesn't just happen after long sleep modes either. This morning it did it when I got up. I took a shower, maybe a half hour later came back it happened again. Then looked 5 minutes later it happened again. Now the rest of the morning it hasn't happened.

I have been making it a point NOT TO HIT HOME before locking the phone, so don't think that is the issue.

Thanks!!!!

Upvote 0
I have pattern setup. I am not sure I understand what you mean by delayed or immediate. Is there a way to delay the pattern? It used to come right up, prior to WL, right after swiping down to unlock. It also comes right up on WL after sliding sideways, except for those times where it goes from WL to Sense Locker then it brings up the Pattern Lock.

I hope that makes sense. I am not trying to be critical, just wasn't sure if it was a bug or maybe something I set up wrong. Either way, it's just extra steps - not that big of a deal.

Kevin, you have a wonderful product. I really love it and I am equally impressed with your support and visibility in this thread!!!

Upvote 0
Well I removed the pattern setup and widget locker seems to have no problems now. I have not seen the sense lock screen after unlocking with WL, since changing it. I am not sure I can leave it like this, because I have work email going to my phone, so will probably have to make the decision of having the extra steps, or removing WL for the time being.

I have to be able to lock my phone so others can't see, due to work.

Still a great product though. I really love how flexible it is.

Upvote 0
Is there a security setting either pattern or PIN? I like Widget Locker, but need to secure the device.
You can just set a pattern, PIN, or password like normal. (On the Incredible, it's Menu > Settings > Security > Set up screen lock.)

When the phone wakes up you'll see the WL screen. When you swipe to unlock that screen, you're taken to your security screen (either pattern, PIN, or password depending on which you set up).

Upvote 0
Well I removed the pattern setup and widget locker seems to have no problems now. I have not seen the sense lock screen after unlocking with WL, since changing it. I am not sure I can leave it like this, because I have work email going to my phone, so will probably have to make the decision of having the extra steps, or removing WL for the time being.

I have to be able to lock my phone so others can't see, due to work.

Still a great product though. I really love how flexible it is.

Wanted to add that I've been having the same "problem" (because it's not really a problem); sometimes after unlocking with Widgetlocker, the Sense screen lock shows up, then my pattern lock after unlocking Sense. Sometimes removing the security pattern then readding it eliminates this, but it seems to return after some time. I'm not sure if something I'm doing is triggering it. It doesn't seem to happen with immediate lock, and seems to be intermittent with delayed (3 mins) lock. I'm not rooted. Otherwise, I think everything works great!

edit: Wanted to add settings (Thanks to rhmclay)
I have an unlock screen for a visible pattern set up.
WL Setup Info:
Using the Widgetlocker Slider
Easy Wake Mode is OFF
I don't have an alternative wallpaper set
HTC Weather Animations: DISABLED
I don't have the root bypass turned on (because I'm not rooted)
Always unlock to HOME UNCHECKED
HomeHelper Launcher: NOT ON
Select System HOME: HTC Sense (Use by default set)
Hide Notification Icon CHECKED
I have appear on boot CHECKED

edit #2 - first time tonight for having Sense reload after coming off a phone call. Is the consensus still to use Sense for the default home (as I have been doing) and not home helper?

Upvote 0
Total noob here with only getting the DINC 3 days ago. I wanted a way to change the lock screen so I purchased WidgetLocker. Been reading this thread but need help.
I am trying to get the HTC Weather widget, (the one that is on my Sense Home screen) onto the locked screen. When I am in WL and hit the Menu key and they the + soft button and choose Widgets, the HTC Weather widget is not in the list to select. I thought in the first couple of pages of this thread it was stated that you couldn't do it but the last 5 or 6 pages people have been saying that they are using the weather widget and the animations are messed up.

Are people using other weather widgets other than the HTC one?

TIA

Upvote 0
Total noob here with only getting the DINC 3 days ago. I wanted a way to change the lock screen so I purchased WidgetLocker. Been reading this thread but need help.
I am trying to get the HTC Weather widget, (the one that is on my Sense Home screen) onto the locked screen. When I am in WL and hit the Menu key and they the + soft button and choose Widgets, the HTC Weather widget is not in the list to select. I thought in the first couple of pages of this thread it was stated that you couldn't do it but the last 5 or 6 pages people have been saying that they are using the weather widget and the animations are messed up.

TIA

None of the HTC widgets work on the lock screen. It seems like all the weather widgets people have on their lock screens are Beautiful Widgets or others.

Upvote 0

TIA

gh0strider:

jaymf is correct in that most people are using Beautiful Widgets for their lockscreen clocks (myself included). It has a ton of skins you can download (or even make them yourself) to change how it looks. The app also has unlock animations... they look really nice but they're still a bit buggy.

Beautiful Widgets is definitely worth getting, though. It's one of my main apps.

Upvote 0
Hi

I'm using WidgetLocker and like it alot. But since I moved to a custom ROM (Leedriod) I can no longer use NoLock to prevent all the other lock screens etc. Also NoLock makes the phone unlock by all keys :(

So now I have that ugly Sense Swipe to Answer instead of the buttons.
So I tried the app Easy Answer but it puts itself ontop of WidgetLocker.

There's a setting in Popup -> Hide Other, but I already have an application package name in that list(SMS Popup). Is it possible to have multiple apps in Popups -> Hide others or is it just for a single app/package?

//Kensy

Upvote 0
Hi I'm a complete novice with WL . But like it for what I have managed to suss out so far.

What I was really interested in & hoping it would do is change the standard drag down to accept call/ drag upto decline. This is mainly cos I have been declining the odd call when pulling the phone from my pocket. Sometimes it's my manager which obviously aint good .

Is there anyway I can change this function to a WL lock slide.

Cheers & thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones